Volunteer as a Trustee for Care Home Volunteers
Would you like to help us plan our future and extend our reach into new areas? We are looking for passionate people to strengthen our Trustee Board.
Are you experienced in:
(click on any of the above links for further information on each of the roles)
We are particularly keen to recruit people with the skills above, though people with other relevant skills are always welcome!
What is a Trustee?
Trustees are the people who give their time and expertise for free. They use their skills an experience to lead charities and decide how they are run. Trustees have overall control of a charity and are responsible for making sure it’s doing what it was set up to do. Being a trustee means making decisions that will impact on people’s lives.
What is a Board of Trustees?
The Board of Trustees (sometimes also called Members or Directors) usually comprises about ten or eleven in number, although there is no upper limit. Members should be broadly representative of the community whilst bringing a particular area of knowledge or experience or expertise to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Board.
Care Home Volunteer Trustees must be:
- Committed to the aims and objectives of the organisation
- Prepared to attend Board Meetings and our AGM each year
- Interested to meet staff and develop knowledge of the organisation’s function, roles and personnel
- Willing to represent the organisation to other bodies
- Ready to take an interest in a specific area of the organisation’s work or have a specific role within the Board
Do you think you are able to help? We’d love to speak to you. Visit our Contact Us Page for details